[Writingworkshop] Last Person Singular slight tweaks

Neale Morison neale at nealemorison.com
Fri Jul 24 21:36:18 EDT 2009

This isn't a major rewrite. I just added a final conversation between
Colleen and Nick. I think it focuses the ideas a little and adds a
missing emotional element. It's also an opportunity for one of my worst
puns ever.

I added some more nerdspeak about the technology. I changed the bit
about Colleen conducting Psi to include a reference to the outrageous
work of the amazing Manfred Clynes. This is a man who played piano for
Albert Einstein, was a mate of Pablo Casals and Marvin Minsky, invented
the term cyborg and gave the world the sentics button, which I recently
purchased from his website after losing the one he gave me in the eighties.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manfred_Clynes

I think this version is an improvement. I would love to know if anyone
else can see a difference or an improvement.

http://www.nealemorison.com/writing/shortstories/LastPersonSingular.pdf

--
Neale Morison
neale at nealemorison.com